So, I have been neglecting my blog again!
This spring is shaping up into a busy time ! I have just finished sewing the top of a baby quilt and decided I needed to post a photo. It is made from leftover wonky stars that I swapped with some of my flickr partners from my last 2 bees. My customer/friend saw them laying around and immediately wanted them for her first grandbaby’s quilt! We put together some colours that will coordinate with the room colours and this is what we have so far.
Not the best photo but you get the idea.
I also completed the lining on a wool coat with fur lining which turned out better than I hoped for.
It was a big change from the previous fuchsia lining. That shredded lining was photographed in my last post. The grey zipper will be the next thing replaced – with a cream coloured 2 way zipper. A 2 way is important in this coat because of the length – sitting puts a strain on the bottom and has ruined it – so now when the wearer goes to sit down the bottom can be unzipped to the hips to allow enough ease and longer wear for the zipper.
Well, off to refuel before my afternoon of sheers, new customer, and a dropoff of 12 cushions to be recovered for a rattan 2 piece set – “before” photos to follow later this week.
Thanks for tuning in!